Entry 1: There's sNOw better time to be at UofL

Hi, everyone! Welcome to my new blog I made to keep up with my adventures at the University of Louisville!

My name is Bailey and I am a sophomore at the University of South Carolina majoring in Sport and Entertainment Management. This semester, I'm taking part in the National Student Exchange program at the University of Louisville. After this semester, I plan on completing an internship this summer and returning to USC come August.
I'm a Charlotte native, and this is the first time I've been in this city and this far from the rest of my family, so it feels a little weird being totally on my own. I love going to new places and exploring new things, so it's not a big problem for me. 
Today starts my third week of classes here, and it's been pretty great so far! My class schedule works out so that I'm done with classes by 2:15 Monday through Thursday and by 10:50 Friday mornings. The campus is so compact to where I don't have to worry about being late to my next class. It snowed the first week and it's been so cold that it didn't start melting until a week later. It was one of the coolest things I've seen because I've only seen that much snow one other time in my whole life! I believe we got about 5 or 6 inches since it snowed multiple times, and I'm not used to seeing more than 2 inches, so I felt like a little kid again seeing all the snow. I hope we get more snow at some point while I'm here not only because it was so cool, but the icing on the cake was that classes got canceled for it! If I learned one thing so far, it's that it's a LOT colder than what I'm used to dealing with at home. Moral of the story - if it's snowing and you see someone looking goofy wearing 10 layers either walking with a purpose or taking pictures of all the snow, there's a 99% chance it's me.
I love sports, which is one of the main reasons I picked a Division I school like UofL. I went to the women's basketball game versus #2 Notre Dame, and it was an awesome experience! Not only did we blow them out of the water, 100-67, but the atmosphere was one I hadn't experienced since I went to the Final Four last spring! The arena looked so cool from both the inside and outside, and it was absolutely packed, which I hadn't seen at women's games before even with our great team at USC (who just so happens to be the reigning national champions)! I definitely plan on going to at least one or two more women's games as well as the men's games against Syracuse and North Carolina during basketball season. I also plan on going to some baseball and softball games since those are my favorite sports.
That's all for my first post for this blog, thanks for following my adventures at UofL! I'll be back again soon! Go Cocks and Go Cards!

Bailey





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entry 2: Getting close to Spring Break!

End of semester recap!